16th Annual Lupus Meeting and Advocate for Lupus Research Day
- Do you want to learn about important legislative issues relevant for people with lupus?
- Do you want new treatments and a cure for lupus?
- Do you want to make a difference for people with lupus?
Then come with us to Washington and speak your mind to Congress!
Every March for the past 15 years, the Lupus Research Alliance has hosted an Annual Lupus Meeting and Advocate for Lupus Research Day in Washington, DC. The two-day event is your opportunity to learn about legislative issues impacting the lupus community and to convey to Congress the importance of budgeting funds for lupus research.
On Monday, March 9, you will:
- Hear from government officials, lobbyists, pharmaceutical sponsors, thought leaders, and our Lupus Research Alliance staffers about the most pressing issues and new programs for people with lupus
- Participate in professional advocacy training
- Learn about innovative research funded by the Lupus Research Alliance
- Network with other lupus advocates from across the country
Tuesday, March 10 is our day on Capitol Hill when you visit with legislators and/or their staffers from your state. It’s your chance to tell your story and let your experience illustrate why lupus research funding is so critical!
The event ends Tuesday, March 10 with an energizing reception where everyone can share their amazing experiences on Capitol Hill.
For 2020, we are offering an opportunity to attend in two ways:
1) Apply to attend by completing the application at the link below to be eligible for either a scholarship from the PA Fund for Patient Advocacy or grant support from the Lupus Research Alliance (NOW CLOSED FOR 2020)
2) Pay your own way. Click here to register for the meeting.
Following is the timeline for the application and registration process:
- Scholarship/Grant Application Opens: October 10, 2019 at 12:00pm ET
- Application Deadline: October 21, 2019 at 5:00pm ET
- Scholarship/Grant Notification: November 8, 2019
- Deadline to Accept Scholarship/Grant: November 22, 2019
- General Registration Opens (for those who would like to pay their own way to attend): December 2, 2019 at 12:00pm ET
1. When is the meeting?
The meeting will take place on March 9-10, 2020
2. Where will the meeting take place?
Hilton Crystal City
2399 Jefferson Davis Highway
Arlington, Virginia 22202
3. Is there a registration fee?
Yes, there is a required $50 registration fee for general registration, which will be returned to you automatically via a reduction in your final hotel bill. Scholarship and grant awardees will have this fee waived.
4. When does General Registration Close?
General Registration will close when all open spots are full
5. What is the schedule of events?
- Sunday – attendees arrive, dinner on own
- Monday – meet at the hotel all day for advocacy training; – breakfast, lunch and evening reception included, dinner on your own
- Tuesday – breakfast at hotel, congressional briefing and meetings with legislators and/or staff on the Hill (lunch provided), evening reception at hotel; dinner on your own
- Wednesday – everyone departs DC