To facilitate the clinical study of new and existing therapies to treat, cure, and ultimately prevent lupus
Our Plan of Action
• Emulate clinical trial network models used with excellent results by other disease-focused voluntary organizations.
• Mobilize the world's leading lupus experts to identify and evaluate the most promising new treatments.
• Reduce the risk in clinical drug development through the establishment of a novel clinical trials network.
• Forge strategic partnerships with pharmaceutical industry.
• Engage the lupus patient community in supporting new treatment development.
– Patient Advocates for Lupus Studies (PALS)
LuCIN Overarching Goals
• Conduct safe, reliable and coordinated evaluation of new lupus treatments.
• Facilitate patient access to novel clinical studies.
• Maintain centralized expertise in lupus clinical research.
• Optimize lupus outcome measures by improving existing methodologies.
• Utilize archived clinical data and biospecimens to better understand lupus.
• Promote the advancement of quality lupus research by facilitating the training and
mentoring of new clinical research investigators.
Joseph Craft, MD, Yale University (Chair)
Peggy Crow, MD, Hospital for Special Surgery
Benjamin Schwartz, MD, PhD, Camden Group, LLC
Daniel Wallace MD, Cedars Sinai Medical Center
Gary Gilkeson MD, Medical University of South Carolina
Judith James MD, PhD, Oklahoma Health Sciences Center
Kelly McVearry, PhD, Hypatia Group
Kenneth Kalunian, MD, University of California – San Diego
Maria Dall’Era, MD, University of California – San Francisco
Peter Lipsky, MD, AMPEL BioSolutions, LLC
Kenneth Farber, Co-President, Lupus Research Alliance
Peggy Dowd, Co-President, Lupus Research Alliance
Albert Roy, Executive Director, LuCIN
Kenneth Kalunian, MD, University of California – San Diego (Chair)
Maria Dall’Era, MD, University of California – San Francisco (Vice Chair)
Cynthia Aranow, MD, Feinstein Institute of Medical Research/Northwell Health
Paul Fortin, MD, Université Laval – Quebec
Saira Sheikh, MD, University of North Carolina – Chapel Hill
Maureen McMahon, MD, University of California – Los Angeles
Mark Matsos, MD, McMaster University
David Karp, MD University of Texas - Southwestern
Anca Askanase, MD, Columbia University
S. Sam Lim, MD, Emory University
Rosalind Ramsey-Goldman, MD, Northwestern University
Nora Singer, MD, The MetroHealth System - Cleveland
Jane Salmon, MD, Hospital for Special Surgery
To view a listing of LuCIN Centers, please download a pdf here.